In this episode I sit down with Dr. Romina Ghassemi to talk about her work in chiropractic, how she invented the BAX-U posture support system, and what you should consider when developing a medical device.
- How her mother’s migraines inspired her to become a doctor.
- Why she stopped treating the symptoms and started looking for the underlying cause.
- How she developed the concept for the BaX-U system.
- Why you need to focus on creating a product that people actually want to wear.
- Her biggest struggles in medical device product development.
“Sometimes life gives you opportunities and the only choice you have is to succeed.” – Dr. Romina Ghassemi Read more »
In this episode I give you a quick recap of what happened at this year’s 10X medical device conference.
Register for Device Talks (use Code: IMUA)
“Medical devices are all about the data.” – Kim Cobb Read more »
In this episode I sit down with Aaron Call from MediCoventures to discuss his company, their process to taking a new medical device product out of the ideation stage, and why product market fit is so important.
- How and why he ended up moving to Phoenix, Arizona.
- The story behind MediCoventures and how it got started.
- How MediCoventures approaches validation of new product ideas.
- Why your idea is only as valuable as the market says it is.
Download the Fundability Criteria worksheet.
“We want to help you develop something that is better than your original idea.” – Aaron Call
Read more »
In this episode I sit down with Brian Buss from Nevium to talk about intellectual property (IP), how to put together an IP portfolio, and why it’s important to act like a monopoly.
- Why creating an IP plan is so important and how it can lead to more sales.
- The four ways that intellectual property can create value.
- How to leverage your intellectual property to grow your business.
- Why it’s important to have a clean and robust IP portfolio when being acquired.
- The top red flags to avoid when putting together your IP plan
Take Action: Download the phased approach to leveraging your IP Here
“The majority of the value you are going to create will be your intellectual property. “ – Brian Buss Read more »
In this episode I sit down with Karen Greene from Life Pack Labs to talk about an often overlooked step in development, medical device packaging. We talk about steps that can save you time and money to market, and why you should consider your packaging from the very beginning of your project.
- Why packaging should be considered right at the onset of your product development.
- Why the primary packaging is important for sterile medical devices and how this saves time and money if done early
- The purpose of the secondary packaging for your product.
- Things to consider when designing the tertiary packaging.
- How Karen’s team uses temperature chambers to simulate “aging” and test your product.
Take Action: Download your 7 Essentials For Successful Medical Package Design Here
“Your packaging is really a part of the product itself.” – Karen Greene
Read more »